Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sleepless night, Eary morning (long post) Part 2

{Continuation of previous entry}

Last night and into this morning however my thoughts were centered around this summer and my job with the christian org.


Looking back at my thought process I can honestly say that everything I tossed and turned about was selfish and not attainable. I had previously decided that this summer';s mission opportunity would not be possible due to the chance I could be outed during the summer. As I was writing my thoughts wandered off into "well why can't I still serve with them?"
Then it was just a lot of "blah blah blah" I thought of how much fun I would be missing out on and the true deference that I could make and change I could facilitate as a staffer. I thought about the relationships I have made and just became bogged down by how much losing out on this summer was going to suck. Honestly it is and I still am angered and saddened by how the (big C) Church treats the issue of homosexuality.
So the night was spent wandering through those thoughts, emotions and what ever else accompanied the realization that: sometimes life just blows.

So yeah that's how my night(s) have been going lately.

I might write later about the full extent of my currently loveless state and how I might suffer from depression.

{a preview}
As stated earlier I haven't ever dated and or kissed or been intimate in any meaningful way, save two occasions. For all intents and purposes those don't count. One was during a play and the other, adolescent curiosity.

I am not sure why my thoughts seem to be flooded with wonderment about being with someone. That's not true, I wonder about such things because I have yet to experience them. I could rant about such things but I'll restrain myself. [is there a less pretentious way to refer to one's self without using I?]

All that to say, never having been kissed or held a hand, being without memories in a park or stupid fights with someone I cared for leaves me lacking in a shitty way.
It's just foolishness to think of such things when they are anything but important when one considers a humanitarian crisis or war in N. Uganda but they are important to me at the moment.

I simply don't know how one deals with such feelings, especially given the length of time I have let pass.

A twenty one year old, romantically loveless, and a heart bursting at the seams.

The above is where this sensation happens whenever I think about love or relationships. It's sometimes described as "weak in the knees" However it's just a tease for now, of what I know nothing about.

Finding solace in music, music about love...surprise-surprise.--------------
-E



2 comments:

intune25 said...

All that to say, never having been kissed or held a hand, being without memories in a park or stupid fights with someone I cared for leaves me lacking in a shitty way.
It's just foolishness to think of such things when they are anything but important when one considers a humanitarian crisis or war in N. Uganda but they are important to me at the moment.


Hey now...I think it's about time we stopped discrediting our feelings.

Have them and love having them, because they are authentic you, just as God designed.

...Uganda can come too.

-------------------------------

You're not alone in the "I never" boat. I mean, it's not that I couldn't...but...hey, I ain't that easy.

and by the way...ever realize how young 21 really is? I know 45-year-olds who have just come out and are just now getting into the game, and they are ecstatic! They made me feel old, actually. *back and hips crumble* gahhh...back in my day snowstorm w/e....lol

honestly though, you have so many years ahead of you...and as you certainly know, it's amazing how much life can change in even a week.

keep your chin up and live with an open heart. don't succomb to the rampant mind, tell it to stfu for a while so you can sleep. and if it gives you any lip, there's a great little pill called ativan that will bring some duct tape to the party. be strong :)

*tacklehug*

peace out,
-dave

intune25 said...

(btw I made one of these so I have a s/n now)