So on the gay front things have happened and it's full steam ahead to the land of the unknown.
I decided to send another Aunt of mine, let's call her Auntie M.- in keeping with the somewhat Wizard of Oz theme of the last blog post.
OK PAUSE my roommate is making his bed as I am sitting on mine. We live in a box of a dorm- cramped as anything. He is "fanning" his comforter trying to spread it out and WTFT he is blowing air all in my direction. It would be less of a big deal if this room didn't smell like dead cat cheese. ARGH!
*End crazy rant*
So I sent Auntie M. a facebook message telling her that I'm gay and such. She was cool about it and sent me a reply message that was nothing short of what I thought she would say. I went to a park near campus yesterday and returned a a call she had made earlier in the day. We talked for about a half hour and it was just one of those really good conversations. Not the crying good type or the I'm glad we have worked this out type....just two people talking about life.
An excerpt of the message she sent me:
"I'm rambling here just 'cause I can't be there to talk with you, have a coffee or whatever and cry and hug you for knowing that there is no greater love.....God's love...is grand for you. Very grand and welcoming."
She is just the coolest. Oh and yes, I do have literally 4 of my aunts that are on facebook. Crazy, no?
On a related note, I have decided to come out to my parents when I get home. Weighing the pros and cons was a bit tricky. Wait until after the holidays and maybe even later on in to the new year? Possible before I go away to work for the summer? OR Get it all out, right now. Knowing that living at home for an entire semester's time would be hell. I did well during Thanksgiving not to blurt things out, and I wasn't even in any kind or argument where I would be even more tempted to "emotionally shank" people. I don't know how it will go I'll let things happen, and be prepared for the worst.
I had more I wanted to say but will end it there.
Just a shout out to fellow blogger AJ who is having a much shittier go of things, I don't say that lightly. Check him out here. His latest post covers the on going saga with his mom. He's bi and came out in a "shanky" way at thanksgiving. Since then he's been cut off- all but schooling- by his mom and step dad., who, among other things, donated $25K to the yes on 8 campaign in California and thinks gays and the like are "sick." so yeah. Go read. He just a guy tryin' to make through things....aren't we all.
Oh and how could I forget: another installment of LOL Gays. By posting this picture, am I furthering the stereotype that gays are promiscuous, hedonist only caring about sex? Yep.....I sure am. ;)
~`E
No comments:
Post a Comment