Friday, February 5, 2010

I'll have a grande soy machiato, W/ extra BS

I am moving to Boston in 4 days?!?!?! Maybe....

Some shitty things have been happening at work, the "coffee shop" that is.
My store manager and friend was fired during her shift on wednesday. Reason given the the employees (who love her dearly): "she is no longer with the company anymore."

*Ahem* What. The. Fuck.

I have now witnessed first hand the heartless inhumane way in which corporations operate. She made a healthy profit quarter after quarter, ran an exceptional store, and employed some on the best baristas in the district. However when she failed to conform 100% to the new company line, she was given the axe immediately. Without warning or compassion. She was fired for what amounts to corporate bull shit.

Period.

If that wasn't bad enough I learned that my district manager "was possible unaware" that I was moving and had perhaps not received any paperwork (i.e. the one sheet of paper she has to sign that says "okay person A is okay to go from store C to store D". The past few days have been spent trying to garner information and get things together that I thought had been done long ago.The good news is that I am pretty sure my plans and arrival date will stay the same and I won't have to change flight information or alter my plans.


Also I have begun saying goodbye to friends and family. While I am not saying goodbye forever it still is hard and taxing on one's heart to be away from important people. The holidays will see me back in my hometown but other than that... I think my feet will be firmly planted in New England soil.

Now for something borrowed from a friends blog over at: The Gay I AM



LOVE IT!

Also he posted a bible passage that hit me pretty hard.
Isaiah 40:27-31

Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
or, whine, Israel, saying,
"God has lost track of me.
He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind.

I still have an awesome creator who loves and cares for me no matter if I pay any attention.
I am humbled at the thought of my God's love for me.

That's all the disjointed crazy talk I have time for right now.
I guess I should get to bed, seeing as I have work at 6:45 :-/

Love and peace,
-E
P.S. I think I'll start going with the full name, what the hell :P

1 comment:

intune25 said...

huge BS with the manager being fired >:(

Also I hope that your travels are very safe and go smoothly.

and I...um...well, you'll probably have enough people missing you but I still miss you.

Ethan is popular? what...?

:)

*hugs*